compson sound

Photobucket

I'm alive, I swear. It's been a busy couple of weeks, but I'm home on fall break right now with free time to sort through and edit pictures for the first time in ages.

Compson Sound (AKA Ben Li) is an incredibly talented mashup artist/DJ at my school that I've been working with for the past month. I shot for him when he opened for 3lau earlier last month and again a couple weeks later when we did a shoot. These pictures were a bit of a challenge for me, mostly because I never realized how unaccustomed I am to shooting men and also because my usual softer, filmy aesthetic doesn't fit his sound. But we both worked together to get past the inexperience on both sides and I think it worked out.

Or maybe it's just that Ben figured out smizing by the end. Or the flannel. Yeah, definitely the flannel. ;)

Check him out: FacebookSoundcloudWebsiteAlbum

Photobucket
Ben and Justin Blau (3lau) backstage before the show. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In which Victoria overuses grafitti to look tough. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Silly behind the scenes shot where Ben is adorable. There goes whatever smidgen of integrity this shoot had.